Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=184745349
Social Worker for Nursing Home Summary:
Responsible for delivery of social services to residents and their families. Responsible for consultation and direction of Social Services in the skilled nursing facility. Provides orientation and education to all staff on resident rights. Develops, organizes and implements programs, policies and procedures; conducts case work services, discharge planning in conjunction with therapy and nursing directors, and counseling; recommends functions necessary to ensure overall operational viability. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
Social Worker Nursing Home Responsibilities:
- Prepares social histories for use by professional facility staff and participates in resident care conferences.
- Assures that social service/discharge planning activities are integrated and coordinated within the facility by effective communication at all levels.
- Develops specific, measurable, realistic plans and objectives which enhance social service delivery.
- Participates in the development and reassessment, as needed of each resident’s social service and interdisciplinary care plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a psychosocial assessment on all residents and reassessments, including adult and geriatric residents.
- Handles problems of adjustment to the long term care facility and maintains frequent contact with residents and their families.
- Serves as an advocate for residents and their families.
- Establishes and maintains working relations with community health, welfare and volunteers groups to promote cooperative assistance in meeting the social welfare needs of residents and families.
State Social Worker for Nursing Home Requirements:
- Degree in Social Services
- MSW preferred
- Current Social Work licensure in State of Missouri and / or BSN
- Short-term rehab experience required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
For inquiries please contact:
Hidden Lake Care Center
11400 Hidden Lake Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64133
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.