Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=218264193
Regional Nurse Consultant Summary:
The overall purpose of the Regional Director of Clinical Services position is to act as a primary resource person for facility management by providing professional nursing expertise in the assessment of resident needs, the development of action plans, aiding in goal accomplishment and monitoring progress. This position provides information, instruction and direction for facility nursing staff to assure the best possible level of care to residents consistent with nursing standards. This person also provides accurate, timely advice, consultation and interpretation of governmental regulations applicable to nursing services and activities.
Regional Nurse Consultant Daily Duties:
- Implements standards of nursing practice reviews and revising as necessary to reflect changes in nursing practice and resident population.
- Routinely visits assigned facilities to review, monitor and audit the quality of nursing care provided to residents.
- Assesses the knowledge, skills, techniques, procedure and performance of the nursing staff.
- Reviews the documentation of nursing care for accuracy, timeliness and applicability.
- Recommends modifications, additions or deletions to nursing staffing plans to ensure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide optimal resident care coverage for assigned regional facilities.
- Initiates and participates in problem solving, policy forming conferences for resident care services. Maintains close coordination with all regional facilities to insure continuity and collaboration of services.
- Identifies and evaluates areas of concern pursuant to positive resident care, and as it relates to state and federal regulations.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality. Reviews and analyzes state survey and quality assurance results to assist in the development of action plans. Coordinates pre-survey visits to assist facilities in preparation for the Annual OBRA Survey.
- Travel is a requirement for this position.
- Participates with management, medical staff and clinical leaders in the decision-making process
- In conjunction with the director of Nursing and/or Administrator of assigned regional facilities, develops action plans to address concerns, correct problems or implement new or revised procedures.
- Reports findings, conclusions, actions and plans to the appropriate member of MGM Leadership.
- Assures that nursing staff is aware, knowledgeable and informed by providing in service presentations on techniques, procedures, regulations, company policies and other information.
- Plans and coordinates with the Administrator, utilizing the respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements for staff, performance of work, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from approved departmental budgets.
- Implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of nursing care delivered to residents
- The regional performance improvement program interfaces with and supports the individual facility's performance improvement program.
- The results of each facility’s performance improvement activities are reported to the respective committees.
- Assures that nursing leaders within the region review monthly performance improvement compliance with established indicators and sees that corrective actions are taken when negative outcomes are identified.
- Collaborates with management in developing, implementing, reviewing, revising and monitoring regional performance improvement activities.
- Assist facility leadership with the final authority over those associated with providing nursing care, treatment and services.
- May contribute to the performance appraisal process
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Missouri or have ability to be licensed.
477 N. Lindbergh Ste. 310
St. Louis, MO 63141
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.