Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=184726593
Laundry Aide Summary:
The overall purpose of the Laundry Aide is to perform scheduled laundry tasks as may be assigned by the Laundry/Housekeeping Supervisor.
Laundry Aide Responsibilities:
- The overall purpose of the Laundry Aide position is to provide assistance in the delivery of laundry services.
- This position may wash, dry, fold, iron, mend and distribute or deliver linen or residents’ clothing
- Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap or other cleaning agent. Turns valve to fill washer with water.
- Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles. Removes lint following three (3) loads.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and dryers for measured - time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type. Folds and places items in appropriate storage bins.
- Lubricates machines.
- Dissolves soap granules in hot water and steam to make liquid soap.
- Mends torn articles. Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry lists. Iron required items.
- Soaks contaminated articles as per policy.
- Mixes dyes and bleaches according to formula. Dyes and bleaches specified articles.
- Able to read and understand equipment operation manuals.
- Performs all aspects of duties and responsibilities in a manner that optimizes resident safety.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality. Assures that sanitation and quality standards are met; including the identification and correction of safety hazards.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Laundry Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- One to three (1-3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds
PRE-HIRE DRUG SCREEN IS REQUIRED
For inquires, please contact:
Springfield Skilled Care Center& Lodges
2401 West Grand St.
Springfield, MO 65802
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.