Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=201469697
The Human Resource Specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Human Resource Function:
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes, terminations, wage increases, and new hires in a timely fashion within the HRIS.
- Processes employee disciplinary actions forms and ensures proper approval.
- Maintains and administers staffing and census reports on a daily basis.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
- Processes all background checks, drug tests, and references.
- Prepares new-hire paperwork and administers a thorough orientation/onboarding process.
- Prepare payroll for processing (enter missed meal breaks, approve missing punch requests, process wage increases, and coordinate with managers to ensure timecards are approved).
- Assists employees in answering general benefit and payroll questions.
- Assists the staffing coordinator and communicates any changes in staffing needs as they occur.
- May be responsible for Accounts Payable.
- Informs eligible employees to enroll in benefits, educates employees on benefits that are offered, and informs employees who to contact if they have questions regarding their benefit coverage.
- Coordinates and assists with FMLA, worker’s compensation, benefit claim forms, and various employee benefit paperwork.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Proficient knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), computer hardware and computer servers.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with personnel at all levels of the company.
- Must be a team player along with the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Long Term Care Knowledge if preferable.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
For Inquiries Contact:
477 N. Lindbergh Ste 310
St. Louis, MO 63141
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.