Rainbow Health Care Community located in Bristow, Oklahoma is looking for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and Certified Medication Aides (CMA). We are currently offering a $500 Sign on Bonus for CNA's!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Requirements:
- CNA Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must pass a state-issued exam
- CNA Licenses: Required Valid certification as a CNA in the state of Oklahoma
- Certified Nursing Assistant Experience: Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Essential Functions:
- Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair and incontinence care
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding
- Assists resident with range of motion exercises
- Provides for personal care and comfort
- Movement to wheelchair or activity areas
- Assists residents with ambulation for short distance in facility
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed
- Provides direct and indirect resident care services
- Meets the communication needs of resident and family
- Communicates to nursing team changes in residents clinical condition
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Skills:
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff
The overall purpose of the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. This individual must perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, and in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations. Also, must perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
Certified Medication Aide Requirements:
- CMT Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Certified Medication Aide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents' based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident's needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay & Benefits:
Benefits are Available