Click here to Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=184683790
The overall purpose of the Certified Medication Tech (CMT) position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. This individual must perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, and in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations. Also, must perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Requirements:
- CMT Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must possess a current license in the state of Missouri
- Insulin Certified
Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents' based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident's needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal Certified Medical Technician (CMT) must be a caring, compassionate individual, possess a positive attitude, maintain proper communication skills, be able to react quickly and appropriately to any emergency situation, and have great team working skills.