Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=251812995
Assisted Living Aide Job Description:
The Assisted Living Companion works under the supervision of the Assisted Living Director, providing personal care to residents in a manner conducive to the residents’ comfort and safety. Assisted Living Companions may be called upon to help residents with getting in and out of bed, dressing, grooming, feeding, bathing, going to the bathroom, other personal hygiene. Assisted Living Companions will be called upon to provide basic treatments as required and directed by the Assisted Living Director, including assistance with specimen collections, taking temperatures, and other duties. Assisted Living Companions are responsible for observing and reporting changes in residents’ physical and emotional conditions to the supervisors.
- Previous Health Care Experience is preferred in an Assistant Living environment
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Good physical and mental health
- Good observational skills
- A desire to work with the elderly and handicapped
- A sense of responsibility, dependability, and leadership
- A pleasant personality
- A desire to continue and improve education in geriatrics
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to grasp new procedures
- Be able to maintain good working relationships with others
- Be able to use good judgment and give needed assistance to residents in moving, transferring, turning, lifting, and other physical help as required by residents
- Be able to promote and maintain the highest level of independence in the resident
Duties and responsibilities:
- The following is a list of duties and responsibilities for Assisted Living Companions. All the job duties are considered essential unless otherwise noted:
- Report to work when scheduled and remain on the assigned unit through the scheduled shift, leaving only for break, lunch, or with permission from the Administrator/ Assisted Living Director.
- Receive the daily report and assignment from the supervisor.
- Help maintain a clean environment for residents, performing extra chores as required (housekeeping, etc.).
- Help maintain a safe environment for residents, abiding by safety rules, performing accident-free work, and following procedures for safe lifting and transfer of residents.
- Transport patients to support services or areas.
- Bathe or assist patients in bathing (bed bath, tub, shower, or whirlpool).
- Perform or assist patients with personal grooming needs (shaving, hair care, nail care, oral hygiene, denture care, skin care, and cosmetics).
- Assist patients in caring for and securing (non-loss) personal articles, labeling clothing, etc.
- Change bed linen.
- Assist patients in before- and after-meal routine (wash hands and face, transport to and from dining area, prepare bedside environment for in-room dining).
For inquiries please contact:
Regency Care Center
815 High Road
Norwalk, IA 50211
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.