Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=184689332
Oakland Heights has a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated, compassionate, personable individual who appreciates variety in a given day, and, above all, loves developing relationships with and caring for others. We are hiring an FT Assisted Living Attendant, who will work days (6:30a - 1:30p) and every other weekend.
Oakland Heights offers a full benefit package to our full-time staff, including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, as well as Accident, Life and Disability coverage. If you are interested in this position, please reach out to us; we'd love to speak with you!
Assisted Living Aide Job Description:
The Assisted Living Companion works under the supervision of the Assisted Living Director, providing personal care to residents in a manner conducive to the residents’ comfort and safety.Assisted Living Companions may be called upon to help residents with getting in and out of bed, dressing, grooming, feeding, bathing, going to the bathroom, other personal hygiene.Assisted Living Companions will be called upon to provide basic treatments as required and directed by the Assisted Living Director, including assistance with specimen collections, taking temperatures, and other duties.Assisted Living Companions are responsible for observing and reporting changes in residents’ physical and emotional conditions to the supervisors.
The Assisted Living Companion must have the following:
- Previous Health Care Experience is preffered in an Assistant Living environment
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Good physical and mental health
- Good observational skills
- A desire to work with the elderly and handicapped
- A sense of responsibility, dependability, and leadership
- A pleasant personality
- A desire to continue and improve education in geriatrics
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to grasp new procedures
- Be able to maintain good working relationships with others
- Be able to use good judgment and give needed assistance to residents in moving, transferring, turning, lifting, and other physical help as required by residents
- Be able to promote and maintain the highest level of independence in the resident
Duties and responsibilities:
The following is a list of duties and responsibilities for Assisted Living Companions.All of the job duties are considered essential unless otherwise noted:
- Report to work when scheduled and remain on the assigned unit through the scheduled shift, leaving only for break, lunch, or with permission from the Administrator/ Assisted Living Director.
- Receive the daily report and assignment from the supervisor.
- Help maintain a clean environment for residents, performing extra chores as required (housekeeping, etc.).
- Help maintain a safe environment for residents, abiding by safety rules, performing accident-free work, and following procedures for safe lifting and transfer of residents.
- Transport patients to support services or areas.
- Bathe or assist patients in bathing (bed bath, tub, shower, or whirlpool).
- Perform or assist patients with personal grooming needs (shaving, hair care, nail care, oral hygiene, denture care, skin care, and cosmetics).
- Assist patients in caring for and securing (non-loss) personal articles, labeling clothing, etc.
- Change bed linen.
- Assist patients in before- and after-meal routine (wash hands and face, transport to and from dining area, prepare bedside environment for in-room dining).
- Provide prompt mealtime assistance (check diet card for accuracy, position tray for patient convenience, help with cutting food, buttering bread, pouring liquids, etc.).
- Provide partial or total feeding assistance and encouragement as needed.
- Report appetite changes and request substitutions when necessary.
- Record observations on meal intake record.
- Provide adequate hydration (pass fresh drinking water and ice, offer fluids frequently, record intake as directed, etc.).
- Provide between-meal nourishment when indicated (distribute supplemental nourishment as assigned, provide assistance as needed, accurately record and report intake of nourishment).
- Assist patient in all elimination needs (bedpan, urinal, bathroom assistance, etc.).
- Participate in facility incontinence program.
- Perform perineal care after each episode of incontinence.
- Perform catheter care per facility policy.
- Record bowel habits and urine outputs as directed.
- Collect specimens as directed.
- Reposition immobile patients at times and in a manner as instructed or as determined by care plans.
- Assist patients in transferring from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet, etc., using appropriate equipment and following principles of body mechanics (determine number of persons for assist, use gait belt, hoyer lift, grab bar, etc.).
- If needed, assist patients in exercise (active/passive range of motion, ambulation, etc.) as indicated by supervisor and individual care plan.
- Help restore independence through teaching and encouragement in ADL skills (eating, dressing, ambulating, toileting, etc.).
- Help prevent complications of decubitus and contractures by proper placement of positioning aids, protective padding, etc.
- Provide good personal care to residents as directed by the charge nurse, implementing the nursing care program.
- Observe, report to the charge nurse, and accurately chart, as required, unusual occurrences and changes in a patient’s condition.
- Assist with accurate and complete records by completing daily charts as required.
- Conduct self as a competent member of the health care team.
- Model behaviors that reflect personal and professional growth.
- Carry out and follow all facility personnel policies.
- Follow facility policies and procedures when performing duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Pass medication according to MAR’s/TAR’s
Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay - Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
PRE-HIRE DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
For inquiries please contact:
737 North Highway Street
Oakland, IA 51560
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.