Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=201507337
Provide activity therapy treatment, interaction and socialization to senior living residents in an effort to facilitate optimal physical, emotional and mental health. Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive activity plan that is continuously improving.
Activities Director Duties:
- Develop monthly calendar of activities; schedule, pre-plan and implement based on facility activity schedule and socialization of residents
- Photograph and submit activity results for social media pages
- Plan and organize “special” activities for residents; including assisting with Marketing events
- Cultivate relationships with referral sources in an effort to generate sponsorships/donations for planned activities
- Coordinate volunteers from a variety of organizations and local groups to work with residents on special interests
- Prepare special snacks with residents
- Set-up the dining room tables for activities
- Clean-up after all activities
- Complete required logs/charting/reporting in a timely manner
- Keeping all activity areas clean, safe and free from clutter
- Assist residents to and from common areas as stated within their care plan
- Work closely with residents to generate participation and attendance at activities
- Assist other departments with residents as needed and required.
- Perform concierge duties as directed
- Weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
Activities Director Qualifications:
- Ability to lead facilitated group activities; comfortable working with residents.
- Candidates need to be reliable, outgoing, and enjoy being with the elderly.
- Two (2) years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full time in a patient (resident) activities program in a healthcare setting.
- Basic Computer knowledge for implementation of patient/client information electronic record keeping.
- Must have maintained a driver’s license continuously for the last three (3) years with a safe driving record.
- Must have current state driver’s license.
- Current CPR/CAPE Certifications.
For Inquires please contact:
Florissant Valley Health & Rehabilitation Center
1200 Graham Rd.
Florissant, MO 63031
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees; legally-protected characteristics (protected class) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.