Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=201495107
Ability to lead facilitated group activities, comfortable working with residents.Candidates need to be reliable, outgoing, and enjoy being with the elderly. The hours of this position will vary.
Activities Assistant Duties:
- Schedule, pre-plan and implement floor activities based on facility activity schedule
- Use monthly calendar ideas to plan and organize “special” floor activities
- Prepare special snacks with residents
- Set-up the dining room tables for activities
- Clean-up after all activities
- Complete required logs/charting
- Keeping all activity areas clean, safe and free from clutter
- Assist residents to and from common areas as stated by their care plan
- Assist other departments with residents as need and required.
- Weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
Activities Assistant Qualifications:
- Certification as Occupational Therapy Assistant or
- NCCAP Certified as Activity Assistant Certified
- High School Diploma or GED AND minimum of 6 college credits (as required by NCCAP)
- Prefer minimum of 500 hours of experience in activity programming in any setting prior to hire.
For inquiries please contact:
1919 Greene Street
Adel, IA 50003
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.